Friday, January 29, 2010

Piriformis Lower Back Impotence Looking For Information On Piriformis And Nerve Entrapment Release Surgery?

Looking for information on piriformis and nerve entrapment release surgery? - piriformis lower back impotence

I am a 35 years old man in decent condition and have been suffering from piriformis syndrome for almost a year and a half, and more recently neurography a compression of the sciatic nerve in the piriformis and quadratus femoris showed close. I have almost everything - physical therapy, stretching, acupuncure, massage, drugs, etc. I'm on medication for the pain does not do much to alleviate that situation. The pain is literally taken over my life when I do not sit long, can not concentrate or exercise, etc. I recently saw a neurosurgeon, who in vain for the injection of cortisone and anti - cons drug Botox into the muscle healing to carry out the profits from the operation to the sciatic nerve in the piriformis release and lower on the buttocks to the quadratus femoris. Has anyone out there to undergo this type of surgery, and if so, what is the outcome, side effects, recovery time, etc.? Thank you!

1 comment:

mistify said...

That is very interesting, and I've never heard of such diagnostic methods for the search for a pyramidal syndrome. I guess they were excluded from the lumbar spine and the cause of your symptoms? If not, this test must be made before the operation ... mainly because they did not have success with conservative treatment.

I suppose if you quadratus femoris release, you have a weakness in the hip rotation and location of the affected leg.

I searched the following terms in Google Scholar:

"Pyramids syndrome and quadratus femoris"
Quadratus femoris release surgery and
"quadratus femoris and piriformis release surgcial"

In fact, I found very little:
A: In any case, describes the pyramidal tract syndrome without proof (but I already knew)
B: Describe in detail all surgical

That said, I think it is moving to a vague and largely unknown, and I really sure that the pyramidal tract syndrome is not really somethingSE.

Good luck ... His story has revived my interest.

Post a Comment